• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid Wages - FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yoda2k

Without making this a long drawn out question; I have an employer that was unable to pay wages, made promises that new venture capital would be coming in to cover the wages. Later that week, I was told the companies' assets
were being bought by another co, they (new co) would only agree to pay wages if I signed a new contract and non-compete. I resigned from the old co. I have filed a complaint with the US W&L Board, but can I file with the State of Florida as well? Along those same lines, if I have to sue to recover lost wages and the amount is above the cap for small claims court, what are my options? How can a co buy another company without paying owed wages to employees?

Thanks,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">