• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid Wages and Last Paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

agup

I am in state of California.

My previous employer is in deep financial troubles. For last 3 months instead of paying regular salary, they were paying what was due to the employees after decuting tax, in form of advances. By doing that they saved money that they would have to pay to govt as taxes both from their side and employee's payroll deduction. Last month they only paid 1/2 the amount that was due and that too in form of advance i.e. no payroll processing. I want to know if it is legal? If not what the employees can do.

I quit them 1 month back and they still haven't paid my last paycheck. In fact they haven't made payment to any of remaining employees also but those guys are tolerating because of fear of loosing job. What can I do to force them to pay my remaining amount.

I did my best to get it on record the day I resigned and took the signature of my manager on the resignation that she accepted but I am not sure if I was the legal and regular employee of them during 2 months they paid no salary except some in form of advances. Someone told me that they can take advantage of this if I make complaint to DOL.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">