• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unprofessional During Firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lapm999

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

When I was fired from a job of three years last month, I was treated very unprofessionally by the Human Resouce person in this small (50 employees) office. HR was not going to allow me to collect my personal belongings and after finally relenting, let me do so. As I was retrieving my things, HR opened my purse without my consent and stuffed two envelopes which were in lieu of notice checks into my purse. Is that a legal action?

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

lapm999 said:
What is the name of your state? TEXAS

When I was fired from a job of three years last month, I was treated very unprofessionally by the Human Resouce person in this small (50 employees) office. HR was not going to allow me to collect my personal belongings and after finally relenting, let me do so. As I was retrieving my things, HR opened my purse without my consent and stuffed two envelopes which were in lieu of notice checks into my purse. Is that a legal action?
yes and no. Do you really want to spend a few thousand dollars for the judge to tell your previous employer "shame on you" and then dismiss the case? :rolleyes:

Beth3

When I was fired from a job of three years last month, I was treated very unprofessionally by the Human Resouce person in this small (50 employees) office. HR was not going to allow me to collect my personal belongings and after finally relenting, let me do so. They didn't have to allow you to collect your personal belongs. They could have insisted you leave immediately and then sent them to you.

As I was retrieving my things, HR opened my purse without my consent and stuffed two envelopes which were in lieu of notice checks into my purse. Is that a legal action? Nobody looked through your personal possessions and nothing was removed. Since all the HR person did was give you money, I can't imagine you have any kind of a claim to bring.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">