• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unsure if I have a valid complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inneedofadvice

To make a long story short, I was hired by a company (small partnership with approximately 50 employees) about 4 months ago. I was hired to keep books and answer phones, but did everything but for the first 3 and half months. I hired employees for the various jobs the company did, ran errands, and was basically the general flunky office manager. I did not have a desk, a workstation, nor a program to do any type of bookkeeping. This was promised daily, so I made do with what I had to make some sort of sense out of the paperwork strewn from the fax machine to the bosses desk, to the table in the center of the room. Then another young girl was hired for a field office, with many fringe benefits, including housing, meal allowance, utilities, expense account, etc. This hiring was done by one partner, all the extra's unknown by the three other partners. Then they began investigating the one partner, found lots of money going places it should not, and extracurricular activities he was involved in with certain employees. I was told to hang in there, I would be given a computer and program to run the accounting side of the business and was given that two weeks ago. But the program to do so was controlled by the one partner so I was not given that for several days after the computer and program was purchased. I had begun to enter what I could find in the program, and alot of it was very suspusios, and then Friday, was fired by the one partner who is under investigation. I asked why and was told the other partners told him he had to get rid of me because I was never there. That was a blatant false statement and I can prove that is very untrue. What if anything can I do?

mlane58

What if anything can I do?
Even though your firing was at the hands of the "evil" partner, there was nothing illegal about what he did based on your post. Unfortunetly, you got caught up in a nasty war in the workplace and you should just move on, I don't know why you would want to work in an organization like that?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If your subject heading question is asking if you have a valid reason to be annoyed, yes, you do. If you are asking if anything illegal has transpired for which you have legal recourse, no, you do not.

inneedofadvice

Thanks very much for the advice, and if that partner is there, no I would not ever want to work there. Just really makes me mad, I have never been fired from a job, and don't like being the one who suffers because of his idiot behavior. I personally feel like his time is drawing very near, one way or another, either sexual harrassment or falsifying documents to customers, so as they say, hopefully what goes around, comes around. This isn't his first rodeo, but hopefully will be his last!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">