• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unusual question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hyenad

I was fired from my job in 2009. I have a unemployment hearing in a few days. I received the paperwork today. It had statement from different people on my job. My ex-manager stated things that we talked about in confidence. I was told by HR that things that I tell my manager are personal and he should not tell any one else on the company. Is there anything that I can to to make sure that no one else knows about these events? Thanks

swalsh411

Answer: Almost certainly no

What type of things did you tell your manager? If it was a discussion about incidents at work, there is no law which prohibits them from discussing it with others, or would require your employer to keep it in confidence.

The unemployment examiner needs to know about these events in order to make a determination at your hearing. Did you think you were going to pull a fast one on your unemployment application because you thought your discussion with your manager was privileged?

hyenad

No it was about personal things that happened between me and my wife at the time. I had to take some time off from work and I told my ex manager about what was happening and he put this in the report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">