• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unvoluntary resignation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lillybug

What is the name of your state? CT
after leaving my job on thursday 1.5 hours early due to not sleeping from my boyfriend up all night for 2 week, had radation for vocal cord cancer and it kept him up coughing and me, and the stess of having to put my horse to sleep on friday, and the fact that ther person loading a the truck was not doing his job, and he told me that i was doing nothing and should help him, ha, any way i told a supervisor that was ther that i had to go home i could't do this today so i left and called out friday, on saturday in the mail i recived a letter from the company saying that they had to consult with co workers to find out what happed the all said that i quit i guess because later on in the letter is says they had no choice but to believe that me leaving early on thursday was determined as a vouluntary resignation, i did not quit, i need the job why would i leave, now i have to fight unemployment to try and collect, dose any one have any help for me, it seems to me they fired me? any info would be great

Beth3

Huh? You might try using some punctuation. It's free.

The jist of it that I'm getting is that you left work early Thursday because you were tired and then called in absent on Friday and the company fired you.

L

lillybug

no they sent me a letter, and it says they asked co workers why i left, and from what ever they said, the company believed that i vouluntarly left. It even says that on the pink slip that they mailed me voluntary leave? I never said to anyone that i quit

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
YOU decided to leave early on Thursday. YOU decided not to come in on Friday.

Obviously, the company thought that you quit. It's not necessary for you to say the words "I quit" for them to get that idea. Okay, they were wrong. People make mistakes and it sounds as if they had valid reason to believe you left voluntarily. You can call them up and tell them that it was not your intention to resign and ASK them politely for your job back. However, if they say no, that's not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">