• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent Advice Required

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dhande

What is the name of your state? Chicago
I was working with a Client XYZ on a project. My company is A.
There are two more layers in between my company A and final client XYZ, ie company B and company C. The

relationship is as follows. Client XYZ has given contract to comp B, Comp B has given subcontracting to comp C

and comp C has given the contract to my comp A. I worked and got rolled off of this project last month. So the

contract period has ended. But the client XYZ is again interested in me and wants to give the contract through its

preferred vendor ie comp B. Comp B is willing to pass this contract to me only if I join in their pay rolls. So I dont

know if legally I can join this comp B and start working for client XYZ again in a new contract.
I am not joining comp C with which my company had the last contract with. The relationship is again as follows:
Client XYZ-> Comp B-> Comp C-> Comp A(my company)
I want to join Comp C, is it possible?? I am on H1B Visa.

Thanks

HomeGuru

dhande said:
What is the name of your state? Chicago
I was working with a Client XYZ on a project. My company is A.
There are two more layers in between my company A and final client XYZ, ie company B and company C. The

relationship is as follows. Client XYZ has given contract to comp B, Comp B has given subcontracting to comp C

and comp C has given the contract to my comp A. I worked and got rolled off of this project last month. So the

contract period has ended. But the client XYZ is again interested in me and wants to give the contract through its

preferred vendor ie comp B. Comp B is willing to pass this contract to me only if I join in their pay rolls. So I dont

know if legally I can join this comp B and start working for client XYZ again in a new contract.
I am not joining comp C with which my company had the last contract with. The relationship is again as follows:
Client XYZ-> Comp B-> Comp C-> Comp A(my company)
I want to join Comp C, is it possible?? I am on H1B Visa.

Thanks

**A: oh brother, why do you want to be the boogie woogie bugle boy of company C?

Beth3

If your employment contract has expired and there are no other agreements in place between you and your employer (such as an agreement you won't accept employment with a client for "x" number of months following an assignment) or any "no hire" agreements between the companies involved, then you can work for whomever you wish.

dhande

Urgent Advice Reqd

Hi,
I dont want to Boogie woogie with company C, in fact this is a new contract and comp B wants me in their pay rolls but only problem is client XYZ is same in both contrcats. I have not signed any agreement specific for this contract where it says I cannot join another company and work for same client. But I am not sure if while processsing the H1 documents, employer has this condition by default.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">