• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AnnaLisaMolina

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]What is the name of your state? Texas.

I was employed at Bexar County Academy November 1, 2004. My termination for unknown reason was November 26, 2007. The school has not been cooperative with giving my insurance papers for my Cobra & Aetna Insurance; I’m not sure what route to take next. I’ve called the school and no-one will talk to me.

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Beth3

You don't need a lawyer at this point. What you do is to contact the federal Department of Labor and file a complaint. (The federal DOL has jurisdiction over employer sponsored benefit plans and COBRA compliance.)

AnnaLisaMolina

I was employed at Bexar County Academy November 1, 2004. My termination for unknown reason was November 26, 2007. The school has not been cooperative with giving my insurance papers for my Cobra & Aetna Insurance; I’m not sure what route to take next. I’ve called the school and no-one will talk to me. I got my Cobra papers yesterday, today I find out my Advisor quit and apparently they might've lost my file :( what do I do if they do lose my file, contact the San Antonio School District and request an exact copy of my file..what a mess...

AnnaLisaMolina

I would like my file to use as a credible source since my termination I've been applying everywhere in my area at the Texas Workforce.

mlane58

Texas only allows for local government firefighters and police officers to have access their own files.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Clarification:

Any employee in Texas CAN be given access to their file if the employer consents.

Only local government, firefighters and police officers MUST be given access to their file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">