• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US Marine/Bayliner Boats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mad in Oklahoma

US Marine/Bayliner Boats are the same company.My husband worked there for 10 yrs and I worked there for 4 yrs,the day before my husbands 10 yr anniversary date he was laid off, they told him it was because they are downsizing managment but one week later his job was posted and given to his sr lead person and she gets the same pay as my husband did. so how is that downsizing? And does he have a case?

H

hannah jo

Hard to say based on what you have described if downsizing really did or did not occur - other than to relieve your husband of his job. It is always possible that 2 jobs were combined into one. It is increasingly more difficult to sue for wrongful termination as mcuh weight is given to the interest of legitimate business practices and at-will employment has become the norm. If, however, there is apossibility that he was let go to deny him of vested rights (such as retirement, etc) and the company has a pattern of this - he could have some legal issues here.
He may want to consider at least a consultation with an Employment Law attorney - who can explore the purpose behind his termination and decide if he has some legal recourse.

------------------
Please note that these comments do not constitute legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult with a local attorney, who can explore all the facts and issues of your specific situation and then advise you of any legal rights and remedies you may have under the current laws of your jurisdiction.

M

Mad in Oklahoma

Well I have a law suit against the company and when I changed my mind on the stand in court to have the surgery that I needed then one week later they laid my husband off and then 2 months ago they laid my sister off, and they kept someone in both postions to take over, where my sister and husband left off. I think that they did that because I have a law suit against them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">