• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US Top Security Clearance Job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Financialrep

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Recently terminated at work for alleged "failure to meet performance expectations." Was in the process of applying for a job requiring US Top Security Clearance/background check before incident. My concern is that statements that may have been placed in my employee file after termination from public sector company may contain negative remarks which are biased and inaccurate. Consequently, this may raise a red flag and negatively impact security clearance/background check.

Can I request to see my employee file from previous employer?
If statements are inaccurate and consequently damaging, what option do I have?
Can I request statements to be removed?
Can I insert my own commentary into my employee file clarifying inaccurate statements?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Can I request to see my employee file from previous employer? You can request it. It's entirely up to your employer whether to allow it or not.

If statements are inaccurate and consequently damaging, what option do I have? Whatever options your employer chooses to give you.

Can I request statements to be removed? Same answer as #1.

Can I insert my own commentary into my employee file clarifying inaccurate statements? Same answer as #1.

The above answers are for your state of Florida, and for probably 2/3s of the rest of the states. There are some states where the answers would be different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">