• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

VA -Employment Contract=BOND

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lawlaw

What is the name of your state?Virginia

I am a H1B holder.
After coming to USA i was forced to sign a Employmnet contrcat ..It says 'Emploment at will" but for one year i can not leave the employer .If i leave the employer they can file a case on me on the breach of contract. liquidated damage amt is not mentioned in the contract.It says Employer can fire me at any point of time. Its one sided and is for the benefit of the employer.But i need to wait for 1 yr to leave the company .
what are the pros/cons of this agreement for my career change/move within a year.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one here can answer that question. You will need to show the document in question to an attorney in your state. We can't comment on a document we haven't read.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">