• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacation pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dtm1966

What is the name of your state? Texas
I was an employee for a contracting firm. My employer agreed to pay me (an many other employees) our unused vacation when the contract I was working on was not renewed (after 20 years) and I was layed off . He agreed to pay me as soon as all invoices related to the contract were payed. All invoices related to wages and services have been payed, but my employer has now created an invoice covering 20 years of late payments caused because the contract said new 30 days and the invoices themselves said net 10 days. The company I was contracted to says they won't pay the last fees to my employer since he never brought up the descrepancy in 20 years but waited until they failed to renew the contract. I think my employer is just using this invoice to get out of paying me and all they other employees as he originally agreed. I have 80 hours of unused vacation. Is there anything I can do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can call the state department of labor and ask whether or not, in these circumstances, the employer is required to pay your unused vacation. In Texas, it is not required unless either contract or company policy mandates it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">