• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacation pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ladyterry3

i was working for my company for one year and one month and was fired .
ididnt get a chance to take my vacation and was wondering if even though they fired me do they still half to pay me the vacation pay and my regular pay?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Regular pay, yes. You must be paid for every hour you worked. But you do not have a legal entitlement to any severance pay unless you have a contract that says you do.

Vacation pay, also yes. But only what you have actually accrued at the time of your termination, not what you would have accrued had you continued to be employed. Not all states require that vacation time is paid out, but you are in one of the states that does.

However, you don't say how long ago you were terminated. They have, in your state, until the next regular payday. If it has been longer than that and you have not received it, call them and ask when it will be arriving, and if you don't like the answer, call the state Department of Labor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">