• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation used for sick days

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlmc

I live in Arkansas. I am a salaried employee. The situation is I was sick for two days. I provided him with a doctor's note. He paid me for those 2 days. I am fixing to take a vacation and he informed me that he was not going to pay me for it. What he has done is taken those 2 days and used my vacation days for them without asking me. We didn't have any type of employee handbook when this took place. (small office) Is this right? Can he do this without asking me how to handle those days? Whether to use vacation for them or not to get paid. (Nothing was ever discussed about sick days, so after this I am assuming that we don't get sick days.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">