• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Valid for Unemployment Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deseh

I live in NC and I currently work. I've been with this employer for about 18 months. My girlfriend and daughter have moved to Maryland so that she could find work and because both of our families are in MD. Also, daycare is so expensive for us, that we need to be near family to help with the watching of the kids. I need to be in MD to be with my family, girlfriend, daughter, and because she needs someone t ohelp watch our daughter. Daycare is costing us 1700 a month between the two of us, that's her entire monthly income. (Actually higher than her income) I am still in NC with my two sons, waiting to move to MD. My girlfriend has gotten a house and job, and is waiting for my move. I need to quit my job in order to move to MD, but I need to know if I quit, will I be eligible for unemployment. According to the Employment Law of NC, the book I have, it says if following a spouse it's valid, but she's just my girlfriend, not my wife. I need to know if I would still qualify? NC Law also states that if one is discharged because of inability to work a specific shift due to family hardship, it's valid. I won't be able to work til 5pm each day because I can't afford the daycare costs, so I need to leave at 3pm each day, so I can be home for the boys when they get off the bus. Do you think this would qualify as well?
:confused:
Thanx!

Last edited:

mlane58

I live in NC and I currently work. I've been with this employer for about 18 months. My girlfriend and daughter have moved to Maryland so that she could find work. I am still in NC with my two sons, waiting to move to MD. My girlfriend has gotten a house and job, and is waiting for my move. I need to quit my job in order to move to MD, but I need to know if I quit, will I be eligible for unemployment. According to the Employment Law of NC, the book I have, it says if following a spouse it's valid, but she's just my girlfriend, not my wife. I need to know if I would still qualify?
:confused:
Thanx!
I highly doubt it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">