• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Abuse & Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bljbdary

i live in the state of louisiana and am a certified pharmacy Tech. i was employed with the company for 1½ years when they transferred a different store manager to our store. i never worked directly with the store manager, only the pharmacy manager but had to talk to the store manager about any and all questions or requested time off. anytime i talked to him, he responded with vulgar and abusive language. this was to me and some of the other employees also. i reported the constant verbal abuse and harrassment 4 times to the so-called "confidential employee relations" line at the corporate offices, along with 4 other employees. none of our complaints were ever addressed. instead, I was harrassed even more by the store manager and told that he knew i had called the corporate offices and how many times i called. i have never been written up or reprimanded at any time during my employment. one day, while at work, i receieved a call from my oldest son's school telling me he was extremely ill. he was having difficulty with breathing. everyone at that store knew that my son was attacked by a pitt bull at a young age and has had 11 surgeries to repair damages and reconstruct his right eye drainage. he had had surgery earlier in the year and apparently, the tubing used for the drainage had become infected. his doctor wanted to see him right away. i talked to the pharmacists on duty and he told me to hurry up and go get my son to the doctor and not to worry because they have enough help. i ran out of the store and didn't even think about going to the front of the store and clocking out. i was fired for falsifying time records. we use a standard time clock with no "secret" passwords to protect our time punches. on top of that, all time records are accessable through the computer system located in the office and all office employees, manager and 4 assistant managers have access also. we are not allowed to review our time punches until we pick up and sign for our checks every two weeks. i have written a 6 pager letter and sent it certified mail to the corporate office concerning the problems with my dismissal and offered medical documentation to them and the store manager. he said that he wasn't interested in any bullsh** i had to offer because he had be right where he wanted me. i was suspended for a week then phoned by the store manager and told that the decision was made to let me go. i have a tape recorded conversation with the "loss prevention" security man who stated that they were basing my dismissal soley on assumption because there was no proof that i did or didn't clock myself out.
what rights to employees have as 1. employees, 2. american citizens 3. people (women) who are verbally abused, insulted, down grated and harrassed by a person in a higher postion of "power?"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">