• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KorgHead

I live in Florida. I was recently promoted. I had a verbal agreement with the hiring supervisor prior to accepting the new position. The agreement was: On days when I had to come to work early, I would be able to bring my three year old daughter in with me for a few hours, then bring her home and return to work.
I have been in this new position for nearly six months now. I have recently been told by my supervisor that I am no longer allowed to bring my daughter in. This makes it imposible for me to keep my current position. What are my rights concerning this verbal agreement? I also have a witness to the verbal agreement.

JETX

'What are my rights concerning this verbal agreement?"
*** Simply, you have no rights. The employer can make changes in policy or practice as needed.

Jeter

Agreed. The employer is not obligated to work around your schedule. Your scheduling arrangement was a courtesy. If it were a condition of employment you should have gotten it in writing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">