• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal attack

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ruth54

What is the name of your state?

pa

Unexpectedly called into a meeting with Pres. of school Board and Principal. Pres. telling me she was so angry with me she was counting to 10, livid with me, however, would not provide details of situation for which I was being attacked. I have never received a verbal or written warning prior to this. Does an employer have the right to confront an employee with that type of angry demeanor? Should documentation have been provided? Another surprise meeting was called by the Pres. of Board and myself and again ended in anger. I have called out sick for 3 days this week, need to know where to go from here.
Thank you..

Beth3

Does an employer have the right to confront an employee with that type of angry demeanor? It may not be the best approach but yes, an employer is free to express his or her anger. Should documentation have been provided? That's up to your employer. No laws require an employer to provide an employee with documentation demonstrating proof of misconduct or poor job performance.

Another surprise meeting was called by the Pres. of Board and myself and again ended in anger. I have called out sick for 3 days this week, need to know where to go from here. I presume you have SOME idea why all these individuals are so angry with you. Without knowing what that is, it's impossible to comment further. All I can tell you is that nothing unlawful has transpired.

Ruth54

Confused

Your response is very enlightening, thank you. Yes, I do have an idea, however, nothing to warrant this type of unprofessional behavior. Almost 2 weeks have gone by and I still don't know. :confused:

Beth3

I'm not any more enlightened about your situation than I was after having read your original post. All I can tell you is that unprofessional behavior is not illegal, nor is getting angry with an employee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">