• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

busygirl1274

What is the name of your state?pa

I had a verbal contract with my boss to finish my basement in exchange for massages. I worked as a sub-contractor for his company for two and a half years. I recently decided to go into a private practice and work for myself. As soon as my boss found out that i was thinking about his he fired me immediately and decided on the spot that the agreement we had was no longer valid, he wanted to be paid for his work. I didnt think this was allowed. I have nothing in writing between us saying he even did the job for me and i was wondering what i can do about this. the basement is 95% completed, this is when he changed his mind about our agreement..what can i do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Generally "verbal contracts" are about worth the paper they're printed on, since the two parties can differ as to what was agreed to and it comes down to a he-said/she-said. You'd probably be best off speaking to a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">