• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carichard

wrongful termination

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I would like to know what I can do to this company that is trying to cause me such grief. I was fired last March due to a misunderstanding over a oil spill in my company. I was asked to cleanup an oil spill that happened when there was a unit was parked out back. The safety and envir.manager told me to clean it up. I asked the envir.manager how he wanted this done since we have not had any training in this.He told me to dig down until I get to clean dirt and shovel it up and put it in 55 gal drums so they can be rid of. At 4 oclock that afternoon my supervisor came and told us to rap it up for the day and to be sure to send an email to the envir manager to cover my butt and let him know we were quitting for the day and will strt up again the next day.The next morning we started again and by noon we had finished. I went to locate the envirn.manager and he was nowhere to be found at that time. Later in the day I ask the EM to please check the work and he said that we did a wonderful job. Next day the CEO and my manager came into my office and fired me for not following the orders of the envir manager. I was trying to talk and I was told they did not want to hear one word from me and they just wanted me to leave to grounds. I left and filed unemployment and the company filed an appeal against me. I had an appeals officer call and to hear my side of the story and I WON the case. Now I have been to apply for jobs and my old manager has been talking trash about me to the old customers I use to service when I was working there. What can I do to stop this? I have no idea what I did but I do know that since I left they hired another guy in my job and he is younger than me and he happens to be a old friend to the envir.mamager. So can you please help me out? Thank you carichard

Last edited:

carichard

That a man of my age should have known better and he is telling the customers that maybe I need to go home and rest my mind after all I am getting up there. Okay getting up where and A man of my age!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">