• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vesting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kilohana

My union has several pension plans. When you work in differant counties that counties trust office collects from the Contractor on your behalf. This one particular trust office in Los Angeles has 3 differant plans that they collect for.1)International Pension which is a defined benefit plan, they have sent in 15,000 plus hours on me. #2) Defined Contribution of which they have collected for 10,000 plus hours. Each hour started at 0.25 to it's presant collection of $1.00 per hour. My home office has the same plan but this money was not transfered under Reciproity. The third fund is where the problem comes in. It is a Defined Benefit plan, to be vested you need 5 credits worth 1,500 hours each. I have 6.2 credits total and have been Denied because of a break in service at 1.75 credits. I worked in Los Angeles during this break in service but the money for this particular fund was sent to my home county trust office. How can this be a break in service if they collected and distributed money to the other two funds. Isn't a break in service a complete nonparticipation in the trade or any of it's funds. There are others who have the same problem as I.

ALawyer

You'd better see a lawyer, as a group, who deals with plans like this.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

A

Attorney_Replogle

Do contact an employment law attorney that regularly handles union employees. You can find one near you at attorneypages.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">