• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation Disclosure on Application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lowpow

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California. Should I disclose? Many employment applications ask of any violations other than traffic that were guilty. 10/31/04 had a dui arrest/charges were reduced in plea bargain to guilty, reckless driving-alcohol related. Should I disclose this on an application for employment? What type of policies might an employer have towards such an offense?

Beth3

Should I disclose this on an application for employment? Yes.

What type of policies might an employer have towards such an offense? Every employer I know has a very simple policy on this: Lying on an application form is reason to immediately drop a candidate from consideration or is grounds for immediate dismissal if the untruth is uncovered after the employee is hired.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
An employer is far more likely to forgive a single mistake, than they are lying on an application. Many will overlook a single DUI. Few if any will overlook a falsified application.

To put it bluntly, if you disclose the DUI you MIGHT not be hired. If you fail to disclose and the company find out about it you WON'T be hired (and if they find out about it after you are hired you WILL be fired).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">