• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this voluntary termination of employment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aoifyr

I work in Chicago, Illinois.

Without naming names etc...

If my company is planning to outsource the my department to a vendor, in their deal with this vendor they will have the option to hire/employ the existing employees of this department... if I choose not be "outsourced" to this vendor as I have not agreed to be hired by the company....

Can my company consider my refusal to be hired by this new company as a voluntary termination of my employement?

I have no desire to leave my current company, nor have I told them I am terminating my employment with them. Am I correct in assuming that they are terminating my employment... and not the other way around?

Annoyed and confused...

Beth3

Am I correct in assuming that they are terminating my employment... and not the other way around? Yes, your present employer is terminating your employment with them. If you are asking about this relative to your potential eligibilty for unemployment benefits, then that's another matter. If you refuse a job offer from the vendor or refuse to even pursue the opportunity to do so if that's been presented to you, then you can anticipate that you very likely will not be eligible for UC benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">