• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Volunteer quit actually wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Question123

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I was sick on Friday 10-03-03 went home sick from work early.
Next morning still sick even worse. Called work before scheduled time to go in, told manager I am going to doctor, still sick will not be in today. He said ok. Went to doctor he said I had congestion so bad in chest I was not to return to work until 4 days later. Gave me a doctors note excusing me from work for the day I left early 10-3 until 10-7 to return to work on 10-8. I called back work after doctor visit and told them I would not be in had doctor note to be off until 10-8 but if felt better on monday next scheduled day 10-6 I would come in if I could. On 10-6 Monday still sick. Called in to manager before time scheduled as per company policy to report still sick and will be out for full time doctor stated on note. I will send you " the manger" my doctor note via fax, after I hang up from phone call. I did fax in note. Then today when I went to work as stated on doctor note, as I told manager I would be. He said I was no longer employeed, due to not calling in on any of the days due to work and no fax. I told him he knows I called on saturday 10-4 day I went to doctor and got doctor note, and Monday 10-6 next schedual day call again to say still sick still covered by doctor note, and fax in note for him to see.
He said your word against mine.... I call Phone company, they say for me to get phone record of calls placed from my home I need a court order. supenia. After I explain what happen and I will loose my job if can not prove to corporate I did call and fax in they sent me copy of phone record I have proof I did call and fax. Sent to my employee corp office. They say they will have meeting and call me. I don't want to have to go back to work for same manager who tried to cost me my job when he knew he was lying and said your word against mine. He can find another lie to fire me with in future if he did it once what's to prevent it again? Atleast this time I can prove it. I don't want to go back there so they can fire me for some other lie, but I don't think I can refuse to go back to work if they offer it?? Then I would be quiting and no chance of unemployment or any compensation. What can I do.
I would appreciate any help you can provide, I am hard working
honest person. Have had job for 2 years and thought I had a career here. Now I worry what am I going to do??
Thank you,

:confused:

Beth3

If they offer you your job back and you refuse, yes, that will be a voluntary quit. You don't get to dictate what job you have and who will be your boss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">