• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

W-2 Forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SUW

Arizona - When my boss decided to close her business at the end of Oct., she gave us our final paychecks and also, a log sheet with our year to date payroll activity. She said we had to use this for taxes, or hire our own accountant to produce our W-2 Forms. Can she do this, or is she required by law to provide us with W-2 forms in January?

W

wowie

I am not an attorney or a CPA. . .

Yes, she is required by law to issue you a W2 within 90 (I think) days after her last day of business. However, this is a difficult law to enforce. With your year-to-date information and W2s from other jobs you or an accountant or friend should have no problem finding the necessary information to fill in your taxes. I would contact her with your request. If she does not produce anything within 30 days I would contact the local IRS chapter in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">