• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WAGE GARNISHMENT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MISTYHALE

MY HUSBAND GOT HIS CHECK HIS PAY SHOULD BE 8.50 AN HOUR HE WORKED 40 HOURS. WELL HE QUIET HIS JOB AND HIS EX BOSS DROPED HIS PAY TO MINMUM WAGE WITHOUT LETTING HIM KNOW HE WAS DOING IT. SO STILL ON HIS CHECK STUB IT SAYS 8.50 BUT HE ACTUALLY GOT 5.15 AN HOUR INSTEAD CAN HIS EX EMPLOYER DO THAT TO HIM AND IF NOT WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Employer can't do that. That is against the state law and also against Department of Labor standards. Your best bet, contact the EEOC or department of labor and see where that can take you.

http://www.dol.gov/

The last resort: hire an employment labor law attorney.

B

buddy2bear

Employers might be able to do that! Most of the time though it is an employment agency that does it. It doesn't mean it's fair and it doesn't mean it's morally right, but they are getting away with it. If you signed a form that stated you would work for x number of weeks before quitting, and you don't work those weeks, then these employment agencies drop your pay to minimum wage as a penalty for breaching their contract with you. It's in the small, small, print. ALWAYS read what you sign.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">