• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wage laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

synthia

i'm confused on the wage laws for TX. i have a close friend that works for this company and he makes $65 dollars a day. now he can work sometimes 6 days a week and still only make $65 a day sometimes working over 10 hours a day. is it legal to work for only that wage and get paid no over time? i heard from him that his company might start paying chinese wages for there over time. what exactly does that mean? what are chinese wages, and how much is that in TX? is that legal? should he be gettin paid time and a half after 40 hours worked? also i have another question say for examply i'm a salary employee also working 6 days a week. am i entitled to get paid over time by law? or since i'm salary i should stop pouting? what exactly does salary mean? and how many hours does the law require for me to work? i mean if my boss tells me to come in from 6 am till 10 pm and get paid my salary only is that legal, since i'm only salary? please help... i would deeply appreciate it.

-syn

B

buddy2bear

Normally if you are "salaried," then it doesn't matter how many hours you work, you won't get paid overtime. However, in order to be "salaried" you must fit into a certain classification, i.e., professional, covered under DOT rules, outside salesman, etc.

As for your friend, under the wage & hour laws, it sounds like a Belo-type wage plan. In order to know what that means, check out the case: Walling v. A.H. Belo Corp., 316 US 624, 2 WH Cases 39 (1942). You might have to go to the library if you can't find in searching the web.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">