• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wages owed after termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

billafu

My former employer still owes me for my last two weeks wages after being fired. I live and work in Florida, an "at will" state, so I can be and was fired for no reason. But, I have yet to receive my nlast two paychecks. The person I talked to at the company tells me that they are holding them pending the outcome of an investigation into a claim made by a customer that, while performing my job in her home, I broke a vase worth $1600.00. The representative of the company further tells me that I am responsible for the deductible on their liability insurance for such claims. The amount of the deductible is suspiciously identical to the amount they owe me! I informed them that I did not break anything at this customers home and that I need my wages ASAP. What, if anything, can I do? How long must I wait? My creditors want me to pay my bills on time as usual. Can Someone please help? Thanks.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You should have received it by now. The excuses they are giving you are fishy and probably just a cover up.

I tried looking for the exact timeframe for Florida. Couldn't find it.

Try the FLSA (fair labor standards act) or maybe the EEOC? Something has to show somewhere.

hope this helps somehow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">