• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want me to sign contract accepting benifits without seeing what they offer.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

walte001

What is the name of your state? MN
The job opening is in New York but I will work from home. I interviewed for a job and they said they wanted me but I'd have to go through an consulting company. I chose one of the consulting company's that have contracts with this business.

The consultant company wants me to sign contract saying I accept their benifits but they do not send out information on benifit package until 3 weeks after your hired. I told them I don't want to sign this until I now what is offered. The form I am suppose to sign says I understand the benifit package and also that I have seen the package. I have asked twice for the info but both times I was told that I will receive this 3 weeks after employeement. One of the form I had signed earlier specified this is there normal procedure. It turns out they really offer nothing but the 401k, I told them I want some info before I sign it. They let me know then that only salary employees receive benifits and I am getting paid hourly so I am a non-benifit employee. How can they have you sign the form without telling you what they are offering? How can this be legal. Why would they not send that info along with the other 50 pages of forms they send you other then to have you start, then realize you aren't receiving benifits.

Last edited:

pattytx

This may be a distinction without a difference. You are not going to change the employer's mind or policies about what they offer to employees in your employment situation. If that's what the benefits are, that's what they are, and whether you "accept" them or not does not change that. If you think that you will not accept the contract with this particular jobber because you think you can get better bennies with another agency, then go check that out first. What they are doing is not illegal. And, it is not uncommon for a company to not provide detailed information about benefits before employment starts. If the benefits are that important to you, then you need to check out other options.

walte001

Still don't understand how they can knollegably have me sign form falsly

Thanks for the response. I'm am still kind of confused how they can knollegeably ask you to sign a form falsly.

The form says that I have seen and understand the benifits I am receiving but they know I have not seen this info

Also since their contract I signed stating I would start on 7/25/05 or before for the wage they offered, would that be void since they didn't hold up there part. I have still not started and yesterday was the first time they asked me to sign the benifit agreement. So they haven't held up their part of the bargain.

Also, most of their forms had a witness line on them, I just signed my part and faxed them the forms. They later initialed the witness part. I'm guessing that should also make that void, since they truly did not witness me signing the forms.

Beth3

Signing a contract saying you have seen something you haven't is not illegal - at least in the sense that no laws prohibit it. The question is whether the contract is valid should you decide to challenge it at a later date and bring a civil suit, although it does appear you are aware what benefits the agency offers which is pretty much nothing.

There's a simple solution though - just don't sign the contract. You are aware that you would be a "non-benefit" employee. If you don't like the deal they're offering, then reject it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">