• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WARN Act

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

esteban123

chicago, illinois

My company laid off over 100 employees and followed the WARN act policies. I was working for the company then and now they are laying me off with none of the WARN act policies that affords the employee a 60 day opportunity to find another job.

They did not offer me another position.

I also am receiving no compensation. Am I qualified under that act still? How long do they have to honor any policies placed under the WARN act?

Any help is appreciated.

L

LadyFable

Here is an url that offers information regarding the WARN Act. Since you weren't specific with the number of employee's who received their layoff at the time you did, it is hard to determine if they have violated any laws. Once you have read the guidelines, I would suggest you contact a lawyer for assistance. Good Luck

http://www.doleta.gov/programs/factsht/warn.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">