• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrant info for employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

disgruntledemp

What is the name of your state? TX

What are the odds that I won't get hired for a job if there is a warrant out for my arrest? I'm applying mainly for blue collar, retail etc.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Exactly the same odds as if you didn't have a warrant out for your arrest. The employer has no way of knowing about an arrest that hasn't happened yet.

longneck

cbg said:
The employer has no way of knowing about an arrest that hasn't happened yet.
The background checks we run can include warrants. But then again, I work in the financial services industry, so our background checks are a bit more thorough than, say, an auto shop. :)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Good point, longneck. I was working on the odds that a blue collar establishment *probably* wouldn't be running as deep a check as a professional organization would.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">