• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can I do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrare74

What is the name of your state?Indiana

I was given three different reasons why I was being fired. Come to find out the reasons were all false. While I was in the office of the manager who fired me he had a sentiment of personal desire to fire me. A few days later I find out that he has been disruptive throughout the company for quite a while. At this point I would like to know if I have any grounds for a case. Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

pattytx

Generally speaking, unless you were fired for an illegal reason, such as because of your gender, age, nationality, etc., you have no case. The employer could have fired you because you wore a yellow shirt if he wanted to. It is not illegal for an employer to be a jerk or a liar or "have it in for you". Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that's the basic gist of At-Will Employment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">