• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MsBC

What is the name of your state?Kentucky- :( Okay, I recently moved to this state for my son's health and medical reasons! I left a great job and school to do so. I found out shortly after getting here that I have two unpaid speeding tickets and two warrants issued for my arrest! I thought that I could get a job and pay these off and everything would be fine, but not! I can't even get a job with those warrants appearing on my record; eventhough I have the experience and good work ethics! I have no help and I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place now! I will work anywhere; that it doesn't matter if I have those tickets and warrants on my record, to get them paid for. Do you know what I could do or what jobs don't require a check?or does it even matter that a person has traffic violation to get a job? I need help fast...Money is running out!

Beth3

I don't think the speeding tickets would interfere with new employment (unless the job involves driving) but the bench warrants certainly would if the employer does a criminal background check. I tend to doubt the majority of employers do that though so I don't know that it's reasonable to conclude that is the problem.

Um, how about paying the speeding tickets in which case the warrants will be lifted by the court. In the meantime, if you get stopped by the police for any reason (even a burned out tail light) they're going to arrest you and you're going to have even bigger problems than you have at the moment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">