• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Acdmx77

Hi,my name is Calvin and I live in California.Not sure if I'm in the right forum,but here it is.
I am a Truckdriver,been working for this Company for a while now(over a year). I've been driven the same Truck ever since I started.I work nights and the Truck get used also during the day.About 4 months ago I came into work and the Windshield had a crack all the way across.I went to my supervisor and reported it.I waited and kept going back.....well to make a long story short,it is still not fixed.Long and behold at the end of July I got stopped by the Highway patrol and got a Ticket for the cracked Windshield.Everything else was in order.I took the ticket to my Supervisor and he told me he would take care of it...wich I think he should have anyway,cause the Windshield is not my responsibility.
This morning I got a letter saying the Ticket has not been payed,I now have o go to court,probably get fined and probably have to pay this Ticket myself before it gets worse.This Ticket will probably also show up on my DMV and I never had anything on y Printout.Trucking is my lifelyhood!! I am so angry and furius...I want to spit nails. went to my Supervisor tis morning...and he gave methe same lame song and dance.....I'll take cae of it and I orderd a Windshield.To make matters worse,the Tags on the Truck expired last Friday....and I know they won't take care of it.This is really pissing me off.......if I refuse to drive the Truck,they fire me
if I drive the Truck...now with expired Tags and a cracked Windshield.....I am brakeing the Law.What can I do to protect myself...honestly,I wanna quit.But I have a family and can not afford to quit.I want this Ticket payed ( 290$) a fix it Ticket,and if I pay for it myself...do I have to dragg them to court to get my money back? Thanks for any help or input! Cal

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">