• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can i do do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blackgurl

Virigina. I had a baby in 2008. I stareted working for a temp company in 2007. I had my dughter on july 29 2008. That day was my day off. I was fired at 12am that 30. They told me I couldn't sue because they hired me back but I still have legal bills from that.

blackgurl

what can i do

I felt it was unlawfull because after being there and going into labor on my day off. I didn't have enough time to fill out my paperwork. When I contacted hr their respone was opps. I feel my maturnity leave and fmla was thrown out the window.

swalsh411

Did you have health insurance through your employer that was supposed to cover the hospital bills? Did you fail to complete the FMLA paperwork your employer required? (assuming you were even eligible for FMLA)

Beth3

1. What date in 2007 did you start working for the temp agency?

2. Had you worked at least 1,250 hours for the agency by the time you had the baby?

3. FMLA certification paperwork is required to be filled out in advance when the need for leave is forseeable. Surely you knew you were pregnant and soon to give delivery. Why did you not apply for FMLA leave in advance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">