• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duck0119

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was fired from my job because I followed directions given to me by the company. Working with one of the wireless carriers, I was to monitor the platforms and call out platform managers to perform maintenance if applicable. Our maintenance windows are between the hours of 12am and 7am EST. We perform backups and also others are performing maintenance during that time. I received the alarm (first time seeing it) and I ask the team lead is it because of the work he was performing and whether or not it was ok to clear it. He stated that yes it was because of his maintenance and to clear the alarm. Well, I cleared the alarm but it never came back because of a system malfunction. I left work at 7am and returned the following evening at 7pm to learn that the system was intermittent for a portion in the southeast (some calls could be placed and some couldn't). This was not a total all out failure. We have had 2 incidents with all out failure caused by the same 2 individuals. There was no paperwork or action taken against them. I was fired after following the rules put forth by NOC manager. "If you don't no ask the team lead and follow his advice." First I was told that I was being fired due to gross negligence...after I informed them I had a witness of the account that night; they tried to state other reason but I had never had any paper-work or any malicious act pertaining to my work as an employee. What do I do!!! I have my signed copy of the document that the company has in place for releasing an employee and a witness willing to come forth. It states that in order to be released an employee will receive a verbal warning, then signed paperwork, probation, and then dismissal. I was fired by their rules after one mistake ...the two incidents prior-where the network was down fully, due to negligence, the individuals received a verbal warning once. Is this fair and do I have a case. The only differences with the other two individual and me are: I have never had a prior incident, I have never taken the network fully down for an entire area, and I am black.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">