• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what do i do if employer wont pay final paycheck?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Crimson_Moon

What is the name of your state? NC
I just recently quit a job. I didn't give a 2 week notice. What do I do if the employer doesn't want to give me my final check?

R

Ramoth

By law they are required to pay you for time worked within a certain timeframe. I'm not sure on what it is in your state, but standard is by the next payday. If they don't have a check for you at that time, call the state DOL and file a claim.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In North Carolina, they must give you your final check by the next scheduled payday. Whether you did or did not give notice is irrelevant.

What makes you think they aren't going to pay you?

C

Crimson_Moon

Let's just say that the employer isn't who he/she says they are. I wouldn't put it past the employer. Just thought I would ask before hand just in case it happened. Thanks for the info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">