• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do you think?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hayley"s mom

:confused: What is the name of your state?Ohio

Although I know the basics of FMLA is there anyone out there who can tell me
if my situation would be in violation of my FMLA rights? I was granted FMLA in Sept.04 and it was to run to Sept.05 I was under the sliding window, as I was caringfor my disabled father (82) during the day and also on an as needed basis, and working 3rd shift. I was off on a tues., and wed., night and my mother had been called out of town on another family emergency, I had picked up an extra shift ontues., night before I was aware that I would have to stay with my father (mother and I were primary care-givers) I called in FMLA on tues., evening and everything was fine I was off wed. but my mother called at 11:30 on wed. night and said she would not be coming back until Fri. afternoon, so at 12:30am I called my job to inform them that I would have to use an FMLA day for Thurs. night (I'm a stna) and the charge nurse said that I was on the schedule tonight and asked if I was aware of it,
Which I was not and I told her that even if I wanted to come in I couldn't because I was taking care of my father and he cannot be left alone so I would have to useFMLA for this night also, as far as I knew everything was fine. But on Thur. afternoon the Director of nursing called and said I was not to come to work until I met with her or the administrator and I asked her what the problem was and she would not discuss it over the phone and I told her I had used an FMLA for Thurs. night so she said to call her Fri. when we could meet, I called her when my mother returned and she said she couldn't meet with me until Mon. morning. When I went to my meeting they terminated me stating that since I called after my shift started and was scheduled to work on wed. that I was considered a no call/ no show. But on 3 occasions before I had FMLA in effect and my father had emergency surgerys I called in after shift and only got abscences. I filed a grievience with the DOL and just want some input as to what you think my chances of winning are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">