• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What exactly is illegal in this situation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TASCH

What is the name of your state? Coonnecticut

I recently quit my job where I was working for over a year and I had two bounced checks, and i constantly was asked to hold my check. Not only that but there were times that my check would bounce, but I had the money in my account so it was covered. I went down to the place today to ask where my check was *its a week late* then the owner tried to say that "Oh you only worked two days that's right" and then "i don't know where the checks or time cards or so it could be in the mail". and then he said "Why did you quit" and I said some things i shouldn't have only after he talked down to my mother. And I left.
Other employees in the shop's checks have bounce a lot more times than mine. And it just keeps getting worse. how could any of this be legal?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Who said it was legal?

For your company to bounce your paycheck is not legal, and you can file a complaint with the DOL of your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">