• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is Fraud in the Workplac?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saraaku

What is the name of your state? MI

I read an article about fraud. the article said that in order for a person to have a legal case for fraud, the plaintiff must have relied on the information and sufferred a loss because of it. What happens in cases such as the following?

1. How do I prove that the person who committed fraud intended to commit fraud?

2. If you can't get a confession by the defendant, will a
document showing the correct information and wrong information be enough to prove fraud?

3. Also, can you tell me what kind of fraud this is and if the plaintiff, person who sufferred, is still a fraud victiim and entitled to compensation?
Ex. 1
if a person commits fraud against their business and
employer but a customer or another person, not the business, suffers because of it, can the customer sue the business or persons boss for the
employees conduct? What type of fraud is it when the
person who suffers is not the person whom the fraud
was committed against?

Ex. 2
For example, you have two employees(employee A and B) in a department. Employee A, who is a supervisor of B, lies or reports false information to the Manager knowing that it is false and as a result the
Manager, who believes it, is mislead to believe that the
Employee B is not qualified for the position and fires
this person because of it. In this case, the Manager was the one who was mislead but Employee B is the one who sufferred or lost their job because of the false information.

What type of fraud is this? Can employee B sue Employee A for committing fraud against them since they were affected by it? What legal claims can employee B sue Employee A Under? In both examples, can Employee B and the Customer(ex. 1), sue the business for Employee A's conduct?

Ex. 3
In an college, lets say a teacher reports false grade information about you to the school. As a result, the student looses their degree or is made to repeat a class. What type of fraud is this and who is responsible for the teacher's conduct? Was Fraud committed against the student still or was it committed against the school?

Thanks

Thanks

Betty

Do you have a specific question/situation you need help with? I'm assuming this isn't a homework assignment.

Last edited:

Silverplum

I'm assuming it's a series of hypotheticals, with a single true one that applies to OP buried in there somewhere. ;)

Betty

Funny. I'm assuming it IS a homework assignment.
Actually I did too but I tried to word it nicely - why I don't know. Silverplum could be right too - like we're suppose to guess just what it is they have a "problem" with.

saraaku

What type of fraud is this?

No, It's not a homework assignment. They are all hypothetical situations. The article I read on fraud did not cover this at all? Please, I do not have a law degree and just need to make sure my understanding of fraud is correct. Can you just look my examples and tell me
1. Who the fraud was committed against?
2. Who sufferred the lost?
3. If the plaintiff can claim fraud in court against the defendant, the employee, and win compensation for it? How would the plaintiff do this or what would be written in the complaint?

Thanks

>Charlotte<

Lurker
There's suddenly a large smattering of posts that seem like homework assignments. Did an entire class find this site all at once today??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">