• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what ia the law for indefinite suspension for job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bugjones

What is the name of your state? Ohio
What is the law for indefinite suspension from job ?
Is there any case study? I was put on indefinite suspension because I was charge with a first-degree felony and my job (city job) put me on indesfinite suspension with no pay before I had I chance to go to court. Please help Bugjones

mlane58

What is the name of your state? Ohio
What is the law for indefinite suspension from job ?
Is there any case study? I was put on indefinite suspension because I was charge with a first-degree felony and my job (city job) put me on indesfinite suspension with no pay before I had I chance to go to court. Please help Bugjones
There isn't a law, state or federal that dictates how a company can discipline an employee and for what length of time.

bugjones

I understand what you said, but my question is without paid. I thought that they can suspen you with paid. What they did to me, they said i am guity.:confused:

Betty

Just because you haven't gone to court yet or been convicted, they can still suspend you without pay & for any length of time. They can suspend you w/o pay just for being charged with a felony. (unless your city has some type of employment contract stating different)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">