• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if I get fired?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mike x

From mike in Az: I'm a union member on my second day of suspension for alleged theft of company product, I work in a food warehouse and was observed drinking a juice beverage,That I brought from home, in the warehouse.
We are not supposed to eat/drink in the warehouse, but many do and I was cited for that seperatly. The short story is The manager walks up to me at around 8pm and says "you can't be drinking in here" I thought I was cool with him but knew he was right and motioning to a similar product we carry I say "it's like that stuff over there, someone gave it to me." meaning "it's good" And he walks away. At 230 a.m. I'm called into the office,with a union steward and the big boss who says I'm being "suspended pending" For 1.drinking(minor) 2.Theft(serious)
I admit to drinking, but inform them the juice was from home what are they talking about? first I heard of their charge. Misunderstanding from the fact that it was a similar looking containter, which I threw out later, and they asked me to prduce 6 hours later no luck( busy warehouse) but they have no witness or evidence I know of, besides the manager thinking it was their stuff 6 hours previous, Is this "Just Cause"?
My union guys are already telling the company will fire me most likly. Can I get unemployment comp, while I fight it?
Could take months, Can they tell people I was fired, or fired for theft? Should I resign if they offer, to protect my name, as they have done to other people? But then I'll not get U.I benifits for sure right? thanks Mike

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Wow, mouthful.

Well, I say there are a lot of issues here. Talk to an employment labor law ATTORNEY in your state. They may be able to make this "go away" with a lot less hassle and worry.

Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar and ask for lawyer referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">