• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what info can former amployer give out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carmona404

What is the name of your state? Ohio. I was fired after failing a urine test due to taking diet pills that supossably contained amphetamines. I had a perfect work record with this company. If i use them as a reference are they allowed to disclose the reason i was fires,meaning telling about my test results?

seniorjudge

carmona404 said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio. I was fired after failing a urine test due to taking diet pills that supossably contained amphetamines. I had a perfect work record with this company. If i use them as a reference are they allowed to disclose the reason i was fires,meaning telling about my test results?
Q: If i use them as a reference are they allowed to disclose the reason i was fires,meaning telling about my test results?

A: Yes.

carmona404

employee info

seniorjudge said:
Q: If i use them as a reference are they allowed to disclose the reason i was fires,meaning telling about my test results?

A: Yes.
Is there any info that a previous employer cannot disclose to others whom call to verify your past employment?

seniorjudge

Q: Is there any info that a previous employer cannot disclose to others whom call to verify your past employment?

A: Not that I can think of right offhand; but stand by for other opinions.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In the large majority of states, an employer can release any information that is true or that they honestly believe to be true. The only information I can think of that they are not permitted to release is any medical information they may have on file.

Just Blue

cbg said:
I'm sorry, I'm not making the connection.

She is a druggie mother...who has illegal custody of her kids...the connection was to inform others on this site what they were dealing with...;)

fairisfair

carmona404 said:
Sorry, but there is more to it than that. You had to have been taking some one else's prescription drugs or something, if you had been taking over the counter diet pills, your UA would have been sent to a lab, gone over by a doctor, who would have called you and asked you about medications you had taken, if you had supplied them with the name of the medication that could possibly have caused that "false" result, it would have been documented the reserved urine would have been retested and you would not have been given a positive result. Sorry, but your post smells fishy.
PS. Yes, they can tell, after all it is true.

mlane58

fairisfair said:
Sorry, but there is more to it than that. You had to have been taking some one else's prescription drugs or something, if you had been taking over the counter diet pills, your UA would have been sent to a lab, gone over by a doctor, who would have called you and asked you about medications you had taken, if you had supplied them with the name of the medication that could possibly have caused that "false" result, it would have been documented the reserved urine would have been retested and you would not have been given a positive result. Sorry, but your post smells fishy.
PS. Yes, they can tell, after all it is true.

Read this post---a sure winner!
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=312945

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">