• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What shoul I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pengxc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Since my teenage time I started to have some psychological problems, such as phobia, anxiety disorder, one of the phobia is blushing phobia (Erythrophobia).In some situations I will suddenly get nervous and blush. Such as talking with a pretty girl, I will suddenly red-faced, such as when people talk about a theft, I will get very nervous (afraid of being suspected), and get blush. (Phobia is very difficult to explain to normal people, it’s something very irrational, hard to control, and recurring. If you want to know more, just go to Google.)

I used to work in a nursing home. One time when someone talked about a theft, suddenly I get nervous and blush. It’s so embarrassing, but I do not know how to explain to others. Even if I explain to other, probably no one can understand it. Also my psychiatrist always told me, your mental problem is confidential, do not tell others. So I just remained silent. However, from that time on, people really started to doubt me, I felt very uncomfortable and unpleasant, but didn’t know how to solve this problem, just let it going on.

Later, for some reason I left that nursing home, and started to work for a few other healthcare agencies. However, one day at a healthcare agency, suddenly I ran into a lady who used to work with me in previous nursing home. Since that time, all things suddenly changed, all the healthcare agencies stopped my work without any explanation. I know definitely that lady spread the rumors to those healthcare agency, and then they no longer assign work for me.

Right now I am very angry. I ‘m completely clean and innocent. They do not have any evidence but are willing to believe the rumors. If an innocent person was put into a jail, he has a chance to get huge compensation. I have been hurt by rumors and lost job , but what is my chance to fight back? I really do not know how to solve this problem, should I do something and sue the person who spread rumor? I hope everyone here can give me some advice on how to deal with this problem. Thank you very much in advance!

Antigone*

Since my teenage time I started to have some psychological problems, such as phobia, anxiety disorder, one of the phobia is blushing phobia (Erythrophobia).In some situations I will suddenly get nervous and blush. Such as talking with a pretty girl, I will suddenly red-faced, such as when people talk about a theft, I will get very nervous (afraid of being suspected), and get blush. (Phobia is very difficult to explain to normal people, it’s something very irrational, hard to control, and recurring. If you want to know more, just go to Google.)

I used to work in a nursing home. One time when someone talked about a theft, suddenly I get nervous and blush. It’s so embarrassing, but I do not know how to explain to others. Even if I explain to other, probably no one can understand it. Also my psychiatrist always told me, your mental problem is confidential, do not tell others. So I just remained silent. However, from that time on, people really started to doubt me, I felt very uncomfortable and unpleasant, but didn’t know how to solve this problem, just let it going on.

Later, for some reason I left that nursing home, and started to work for a few other healthcare agencies. However, one day at a healthcare agency, suddenly I ran into a lady who used to work with me in previous nursing home. Since that time, all things suddenly changed, all the healthcare agencies stopped my work without any explanation. I know definitely that lady spread the rumors to those healthcare agency, and then they no longer assign work for me.

Right now I am very angry. I ‘m completely clean and innocent. They do not have any evidence but are willing to believe the rumors. If an innocent person was put into a jail, he has a chance to get huge compensation. I have been hurt by rumors and lost job , but what is my chance to fight back? I really do not know how to solve this problem, should I do something and sue the person who spread rumor? I hope everyone here can give me some advice on how to deal with this problem. Thank you very much in advance!

What proof do you have that this woman spread rumors about you. What do you man you are clean? .

commentator

I find it extremely hard to believe any of this posting. So you were such a totally innocent baby, and you blushed, so your past employer assumed you were guilty of something, but they didn't fire you or take any action againt you... And then you went to work elsewhere, and you ran into someone who worked at your old job, where you blushed when accused of something, and she has obviously, though you do not know it definitively, spread lies about your past job, told them, I assume, that you blushed when confronted with something and based on that, they suddenly eliminated your hours on this job. Have you filed for unemployment benefits yet? If so, what was the reason that the company gave for your reduction in hours or termination? If they no longer have as many hours for you, yet you are still working all they have for you, then you probably will qualify for unemployment insurance. If they've terminated your hours completely, they may just say it is lack of business. How are you going to prove otherwise?

Are you sure you haven't already asked this one on another post giving a different circumstances? There shouldn't have been so many misguided people who want to sue their co-workers this many times on this site so close together.

And the answer still holds, no matter what. You can never ever prove that your former co-worker who is again your co-worker has told slanderous tales about you which have resulted in your hours being cut. So you are not the wrongly accused victim of anything who is going to reap huge financial rewards from this. Your employer has all the power in this situation. If they want to cut your hours, they can do so, and they do not have to tell you the reason they decided to do it. You cannot recover your lost wages from your co-worker, and you cannot sue the employer based on your being handicapped by a blushing disorder and supposedly wrongfully accused on a previous job.

Last edited:

swalsh411

So you actually believe that an unfounded rumor spread by a single person has caused all these agencies to stop giving you work?

Hot Topic

This isn't the Dr. Phil show.

The fact that you won't specify what kind of rumor is supposedly being circulated by "a lady who used to work with me," I tend to believe that you're engaging in melodrama to retain your image of yourself as a victim. You're "completely clean and innocent" of what? Being verbally abusive to patients? Fighting with your co-workers? Lying about why you missed work? You aren't going to end up with the "huge compensation" you long for.

Just Blue

https://forum.freeadvice.com/job-discrimination-harassment-30/help-needed-harassment-case-387518.html

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
...One time when someone talked about a theft, suddenly I get nervous and blush. ...However, from that time on, people really started to doubt me...

...I know definitely that lady spread the rumors to those healthcare agency, and then they no longer assign work for me...

I suspect that the OP believers that this former co-worker is spreading rumors that the OP stole from the prior employer.

pengxc

I find it extremely hard to believe any of this posting. So you were such a totally innocent baby, and you blushed, so your past employer assumed you were guilty of something, but they didn't fire you or take any action againt you... And then you went to work elsewhere, and you ran into someone who worked at your old job, where you blushed when accused of something, and she has obviously, though you do not know it definitively, spread lies about your past job, told them, I assume, that you blushed when confronted with something and based on that, they suddenly eliminated your hours on this job. Have you filed for unemployment benefits yet? If so, what was the reason that the company gave for your reduction in hours or termination? If they no longer have as many hours for you, yet you are still working all they have for you, then you probably will qualify for unemployment insurance. If they've terminated your hours completely, they may just say it is lack of business. How are you going to prove otherwise?

Are you sure you haven't already asked this one on another post giving a different circumstances? There shouldn't have been so many misguided people who want to sue their co-workers this many times on this site so close together.

And the answer still holds, no matter what. You can never ever prove that your former co-worker who is again your co-worker has told slanderous tales about you which have resulted in your hours being cut. So you are not the wrongly accused victim of anything who is going to reap huge financial rewards from this. Your employer has all the power in this situation. If they want to cut your hours, they can do so, and they do not have to tell you the reason they decided to do it. You cannot recover your lost wages from your co-worker, and you cannot sue the employer based on your being handicapped by a blushing disorder and supposedly wrongfully accused on a previous job.
I'm almost 99%(if it's not 100%) sure that former co-worker is the one spread the rumor. Because she actually working at that agency, and she is the only one has access to my application data which showed all my current employers. everything happened just after seeing her.

many people doubt about my clean and Innocent, I would say, doing this kind of job, background check is the first thing, my background check is always clean. also, It's common sense, any charge should based on certain evidence, you can't charge a person because he/she look like a criminal.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm almost 99%(if it's not 100%) sure that former co-worker is the one spread the rumor. Because she actually working at that agency, and she is the only one has access to my application data which showed all my current employers. everything happened just after seeing her.

many people doubt about my clean and Innocent, I would say, doing this kind of job, background check is the first thing, my background check is always clean. also, It's common sconce, any charge should based on certain evidence, you can't charge a person because he/she look like a criminal.
So, in other words, you are accusing the other party of this with no proof what-so-ever.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I have yet, in either of this OP's posts, to see any evidence that there were any rumors in the first place, let alone that this particular individual spread them.

cyjeff

I have yet, in either of this OP's posts, to see any evidence that there were any rumors in the first place, let alone that this particular individual spread them.
Strangely enough, the only one spreading rumors in this entire thread is the OP.

OP, ask yourself this... you are convinced that not only do the rumors exist (for which you have no proof) but, also, that your former coworker started this rumor (for which you have no proof).

You seem to have no problem spreading rumors without evidence against someone else. Why is that?

When you were fired, what was the reason given? Did you ask?

commentator

Actually, I don't think he's fired. If he were, he could certainly file for unemployment insurance benefits, and the employer would be asked to give the reason he was terminated. I think he's just anticipating that if they're looking at him funny now, next comes the actual persecution....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">