• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what should i do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lacedancer

discrimination

What is the name of your state? Oh.
I am a Minority and was given a Management position 2 years ago.The company has several clubs that they own and operate.
We have had several other manager changes (GM) and i have not had a problem until the recent GM . I started hearing rumors from employees that he was going to get rid of me several months ago then i decided to inform him of the rumors,his response was you have nothing to worry about as long as you do your job.Since then he has had several incidents where he has not shown up for work and did not call to inform me he could'nt come in. after several time of him doing this i called the district manager to see if he was aware of is whereabouts.The following week after the call i made to the DM i was asked for my keys!!! I asked what seems to be the problem and all he could bring up is what some girl said i said about him :mad: i replied that its just hearsay, and i dont think that is a reason to be terminated, he said he had a list of things he felt i was not doing right but could not be specific about anything nor did he produce the so called list.I feel that the termination was racially motivated.
The DM advised me to try to work it out with GM but he stands on his descion Should i seek an investigation???

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What makes you think it's racially motivated? There's nothing in your post to support that.

L

lacedancer

I Believe there is a racial issue because of the jokes he makes often and by the comments made by him after i leave for the day,
also because of the lack of reason . Of course he will never admit to not wanting a black COmanager but it seems obvious when he gives a person that is white with no experience in management or management qualities what so ever my position the same day that he fired me. Furthermore because we have survalience cameras everywhere i have heard some of his racial comments. If race is not a factor than my temination makes no since from a buisiness aspect or otherwise

Beth3

lacedancer, in another thread you comment that the reason the boss wanted you gone was because he wanted to give your job to his buddy. That may be unfair as all get-out but that's not discrimination and it's not illegal.

My take on your situation though is that the boss fired you because he was ticked that you called the district manager to report that he was AWOL. Reading between the lines, it seems pretty clear that you weren't calling to find out where your boss was - you wanted to be sure someone else in management knew that he hadn't shown up to work that day and that it wasn't the first time.

I'm not saying you had a great boss by any means. I am saying that I just don't see your race as a factor in any of this.

A

allen03

Going to your boss and getting all confrontational with a bunch of gossip and rumors and "hearing" from "some girl" or whoever that he was going to fire you was stupid. H eshould hav etold you to get back to work. You sound like you have a chip on your shoulder. Better keep it in check before you look for another job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">