• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Should I Do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cstt739

I Live in North Carolina. I've worked for this company for 2 years never had a problem. I worked with Two different consumers writing documentation on both. On this last consumer which I work with for one whole year writing the same documentation only to find out recently that I was write the incorrect documentation. Not being notified by anyone which two other people had to sign off on these documents after I turned them in. Today I was let go of the case due to my documentation. They offered me another case with less hours and lower pay. The way I see it I was working with what I was given and I feel I was dealt an unjust. Can some one tell me what can I do about this.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nothing.

It may or may not have been unfair, but your employer did nothing illegal.

C

cstt739

cbg said:
Nothing.

It may or may not have been unfair, but your employer did nothing illegal.
You say they did nothing illegal but it was their mistake on the documentation so why should I be the on who take the fall. This documentation goes to medicaid and my name is on the line I guess I forgot to mention that part It could fall under medicaid fraud.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
First you say that you wrote the documentation incorrectly, but no one notified you. Now you're saying that THEY (whoever THEY are) wrote it. So which is it?

C

cstt739

cbg said:
First you say that you wrote the documentation incorrectly, but no one notified you. Now you're saying that THEY (whoever THEY are) wrote it. So which is it?
No what I'm saying is I wrote the incorrect documentation with out knowing it was the incorrect documentation until recently they let me know it was the incorrect, but all of the documentation eventually gets to medicaid thats how the company gets paid.Thats why I stated that two other people signs off on these documents after I turn them in. Thats why I say It seems as though they are trying to let the ball drop on me due to their mistake.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My answer still stands. Whether it's fair or not, whether they gave you prior notice or not, no matter who else signs off on it later, it is not illegal to fire you for putting incorrect information on the forms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">