• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the time limit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Candi818

What is the name of your state? CA

That an employee can no show and not call before we have the right to terminate???? I can't find the labor code for it?? Is there one???

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless CA has a law that says differently (but I don't think they do), you can terminate for a no call/no show whenever your company policy says you can. I don't think many states, if any, have a specific time frame that you must wait. In my experience, most companies use either two or three days, but I've know at least one company that used only one day (with the right of reinstatement if the employee was able to show a valid reason). It's up to you.

Beth3

I'm not aware of any state that has a statute that addresses this. It would be extremely odd if CA did - it would be a very peculiar thing for a State to legislate. It's entirely a matter of company policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">