• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what will a criminal background check show?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cetiya

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA
i just finished an interview, and they are going to do an intensive background check. the only thing i have is, in 2004 i had a dui. i received a deferred sentence, had to complete 5 years probation, then i would be convicted of negligent driving. so, as for today, i have not been convicted of anything yet. would a dui show up? i filled out an online application and did tell them about the negligent driving, but i dont think it would be on the background check yet. i just dont want any surprises. thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Contrary to popular belief, there is no single "background check" that will always show exactly the same results to every employer. What will show on any given background check depends on what the employer asks for and how far back they check.

All background checks are not created equal. There is no one-size-fits-all answer.

cetiya

thanks anyway, i guess it doesnt really matter, i already told them about the negligent driving. it didnt even come up yet in the interview. they are looking for more serious issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">