• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is it worth???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

working stiff

What is the name of your state?so cal

in early 2004 I pulled a muscle moving something heavy and went to the doctor. took a week off work and was told by one of the owners to "take this off of workers comp. about 6 months later I fell carrying something and am still off now. a month after I fell I was terminated without cause. I have been told to sue them for wrongful termination. Can I? and what is it worth? my income is around 80K.

BelizeBreeze

Can you sue them?

sure you can. After all, anyone can sue anyone for just about anything these days.

How much is it worth?

Oh, based on your post, about $2.76 before taxes.

Beth3

No, you can't sue for wrongful termination. But you can consult with a worker's comp attorney and see if you have the basis to file a complaint against your employer with your State's Worker's Compensation Division for retaliatory discharge. There isn't nearly enough information in your post to offer an opinion whether your employer has violated WC reg's when they discharged you however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">