• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When do Corporations come to a settlement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnjohn1

What is the name of your state? pa

I have a question about arbitration. I was recently fired from my job and the case is going through arbitration. I have a lawyer to take it on a contingent basis and I have a 65% chance of winning.

A friend of mine used to work in human resources for a major corporation and told me that 95% of the time large corporations just try to settle the case and try to save on the legal fees. It's been about five months since I filed and there are four more months until I go to arbitration.

Does anyone know when corporations come to settlement what time in the whole process? and how much more time I have until they settle?

sunnygigglegirl

I have been in HR for 10 years and it all depends on the possible exposure and penalties of the company's negligence. Usually I would try and settle the case if there was a possibility of a class action suit or the expense of dragging out the process out weighs the possible settlement. Traditionally I would wait for the mediation/ arbitration instead of paying early. Have you made a settlement demand? That usually helps to get things going.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">